We have a large team of practice nurses and health care support workers. All but two of the practice nurses are independent nurse prescribers who have experience in clinical assessment, they are therefore able to assess, manage and treat a wide range of medical conditions.
This may be through face to face consultations or via telephone consultations through the practice telephone triage system.
We also provide a comprehensive sexual health service and have a specialist sexual health nurse within the team.
- Routine and emergency sexual health screening
- Chlamydia / gonorrhoea / syphilis / HIV / Hepatitis B and C testing
- Free condoms
- Chronic disease management, asthma / diabeties / etc
- Blood pressure checks
- Management of minor injuries
- Travel immunisations and advice
- Wound care / dressings / removal of sutures when provision is not provided via the treatment rooms.
- Cryotherapy at designated sessions
- Cervical cytology (Smears)
- Health promotion
- The team also provides routine practice nurse services